We have a Nix Prop 6 Facebook page — LIKE AND SHARE IT NOW! https://www.facebook.com/notoprop6
Thank you ALL for helping to spread the word to Nix Prop 6. Special thanks to Bill Bunch (Save Our Springs Alliance, Austin) for his terrific debate performance on YNN (Cable News, Austin). Check it out!
Here’s a Nix Prop 6 flier you can print out and here is a flier good for posting (both are two per page). If you can get a letter to the editor out, do it now! And don’t forget the Nix Six web page is here. We continue to get lots of media calls!
We can defeat Prop 6 by reaching our networks of Texas voting friends and asking each one to reach one. Keep it up, y’all!
Check out these updates!
* BASTROP/LEE COUNTIES: Wednesday night citizens gave the Lost Pines Groundwater Conservation District Board a standing ovation, for their impressive rebuke of the heavy-handed actions of Forestar Real Estate Group to grab Lee and Bastrop counties’ groundwater. The board is letting the clock run out on their request for a rehearing. Watch out! Forestar is fixin’ to sue the Lost Pines GCD, escalating the water war. (More here at Environmental Stewardship and here too.)
* CITY OF AUSTIN: Real estate developer and industry whistle-blower, Brian Rodgers of ChangeAustin.org, has been working for years to sell the notion that growth must pay for itself. Congratulations to Austin citizens and the Austin City Council for, on first reading, passing impact fees on new development that will help begin making growth pay for itself. This will come back to the Council again next Thursday. More here: “Welcome to Austin, but pay your own way“.
* GRIMES COUNTY & SURROUNDS: Monday, October 21st at 6 pm, at the Roans Prairie Community Center, at the crossroads of Hwy. 30 and Hwy. 90 (Grimes County) a new property rights group, PRO TEAMS (Facebook page here), is holding an informal hearing to address eminent domain abuse, public safety and protection of water resources related to certain pipelines. We hope to see you there! More here: TexasPipelineWatch.org. Fill out a contact form if you’d like to hold a similar event in your community. (See Roans notice below.)
* MONTGOMERY COUNTY: This Thurs., Oct. 24th, at Grace Community Church, 24400 N. IH-45, Spring, Texas at 5 pm, our friend, Debra Medina, is speaking at a joint candidate debate of the Montgomery County Republicans and Montgomery County Tea Party where a straw poll will be taken. If you are a Montgomery Republican or an independent that sometimes votes in Republican primaries, please attend. It’s $10 entry fee.
* NACOGDOCHES: This Thurs., Oct. 24th, at Austin Heights Baptist Church, 2806 Appleby San Road, Nacogdoches, a Town Hall Hearing, similar to the hearing in Grimes County (above) will be held from 6:30-9:00 pm. Details here.